Fairmount Park Conservancy, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation, the Free Library of Philadelphia, Friends of the Free Library of Philadelphia and Knight Foundation are all excited to announce the 3rd Public Space Summit! We’re thrilled to be able to convene again in-person to encourage cross collaboration since we last did in 2020. The Summit will gather and connect Recreation Advisory Councils, and Park and Library Friends groups from across Philadelphia on Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 8:30 AM-1:00 PM at the University City Science Center (3675 Market St STE 400, Philadelphia, PA 19104). High-level overview of day below:
- 8:30 AM-9:00 AM: Breakfast and Networking
- 9:00 AM-12:00 PM: Keynote and Breakout sessions
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM: Lunch
The Public Space Summit is committed to the health and safety of all our participants. While we are excited to offer a majority of in-person gathering options for this year's events, we plan to remain vigilant and informed on any changes to the COVID-19 virus and its variants. With the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and the Pennsylvania & Philadelphia Departments of Public Health. Please see below for safety requirements for all participants to abide by:
- Venue current guidelines here
- Masks are required inside the venue as we gather in-person
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on Site: We will ensure that masks are available, and provide hand sanitizer stations, and proper hand washing signage in an effort to maintain a safe environment for all attendees
We will continue to share any updates to these guidelines as we move closer to the event date. As we all know the current state of the world is always changing and we plan to remain aligned with all safety measures.
We look forward to seeing you on October 15th!