Go take a hike!
Fairmount Park Conservancy offers several opportunities to get into the woods and discover some of the hidden gems of our park system. Enjoy a unique and all-levels paced hike through the park with one of our trusted guides. Most of these hikes are moderately challenging and we ask participants to please bring their own water and wear comfortable, sturdy shoes.
Trolley Trail Hikes with Kevin Roche
The Fairmount Park Trolley operated in East & West Park from 1896-1946 providing a reliable and enjoyable means of accessing park amenities. Explore the physical remains of what is now a hidden trolley network including massive stone tunnels and bridge abutments along this 4 mile loop hike led by Kevin Roche. Meet at 10:00 AM (unless otherwise noted) outside of the Chamounix Hostel in West Fairmount Park. Parking is available. 3250 Chamounix Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19131
TROLLEY TRAIL HIKE DATES:
- Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 1-4pm (Note 1pm start time.)
- Sunday, April 7, 2019 (sold out)
- Monday, May 13, 2019 (POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER)
- Monday, May 20, 2019 (rescheduled SPECIAL *FREE* EVENING LOVE YOUR PARK WEEK HIKE 6-8pm)
- Sunday, June 9, 2019 10am (tickets open on May 9, 2019)
- Sunday, July 14, 2019 10am (tickets open on June 14, 2019)
- Sunday, October 6, 2019 (tickets open on September 6, 2019)
- Sunday, November 3, 2019 (tickets open on October 3, 2019)
More about the Trolley Trail:
Fairmount Park Conservancy–along with its key partners at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation (PPR) and the Belmont Plateau Trails Alliance (BPTA)–have been working to develop the Trolley Trail while pursuing key goals: reducing adverse impacts on habitat and preserving the single track mountain bike trails. The new Trolley Trail will wend its way close to bridge abutments and through tunnels dating back to 1897. Future phases will bring signage, maps and trail blazes to guide users through the vast reaches of West Fairmount Park once only accessible via the trolley. Read more here.
FREE for members of the Fairmount Park Conservancy
$15 for non-members
Becoming a member is easy and starts at $35/individual or $100/family of 4 for the year - sign up here!