We're excited to have MOONWALKS back...our full moon hike series in the spring and fall! Join lunar loving hike leader Brad Maule and Public Programs Coordinator John Sigmund on a hike under the light of November's "Beaver Moon" or "Frost Moon" (let's just hope it's not TOO frosty!)
We'll use the moonlight to guide us on a hike through the woods and meadows of Boxers' Trail in East Fairmount Park. Learn what wildlife is lurking in the woods in the park after dark. And of course, we'll discuss the lunar cycles and the meaning of the moon.
Estimated distance: 3 miles
Level: easy to moderate
Terrain: combination of flat open parkland and hilly trails
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can:
$15, $20, or $25
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Appropriate for adults and families with children ages 12 & up. Minors must be registered and accompanied by an adult.
- Please dress according to weather conditions.
- Please bring your own water and snacks (drinking water is not available in the park)
- For optimal moon enjoyment, bring a pair of binoculars
- Friendly dogs on leash are welcome.
- We will use moonlight whenever possible, but for portions of the trail, we recommend bringing flashlight, headlamp, or fully charged smartphone.
- There are bathrooms available at the beginning and end of the hike if absolutely necessary
- PARKING: there is plenty of free parking in Woodford's back driveway and along Dauphin Dr. As always, NEVER leave valualbes in your car!
IMPORTANT: This is a night hike and we will leave promptly at scheduled time (5:30 pm). Please arrive at the departure location at least 5 minutes early. Latecomers may not be able to join after the group has departed.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
-This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
-Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
-Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you're in proximity to others.
-If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
POSTPONEMENT / CANCELLATION POLICY: In case of inclement weather or cloudy conditions, the event will be cancelled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.
GUIDE BIO: Bradley Maule is the Communications Manager with the Mt. Airy CDC. His writing and photography have appeared in the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Magazine, and lots of other publications in print and online. He was the founder and editor of Philly Skyline, he is a contributing editor for Hidden City Philadelphia. Besides being our guided hike guru, Brad somehow finds time to work with other organizations like Friends of the Wissahickon and Chestnut Hill Conservancy.