Spend a sparkling autumn afternoon on the grounds of six historic houses in Fairmount Park sipping on cider samples from some of the best cideries Pennsylvania has to offer. Enjoy live music, pay as you go food trucks, food samples, and activities to complement your tastings.
This event is rain or shine. Get inspired with this fun video of CiderFest!!
Limited free parking available at each historic house.
PARTICIPATING HISTORIC HOUSES:
Participating houses include Cedar Grove, Laurel Hill Mansion, Lemon Hill Mansion, Mount Pleasant, Historic Strawberry Mansion and Woodford. For more information on the historic houses, visit parkcharms.com.
CiderFest 2019 is sponsored in part by Wyndridge Farms (Dallastown, PA). Additional participating cideries include: Commonwealth Cider (Kensington/Philadelphia, PA), Dressler Estate (Downingtown, PA), Frecon Farms (Boyertown, PA), Hale & True (Bella Vista/Philadelphia, PA), Killarney Cider (Laporte, PA), Kurant Cider (Fishtown/Philadelphia, PA), Original 13 (Kensington/Philadelphia, PA), Ploughman (Aspers, PA), and Young American Hard Cider (Germantown/Philadelphia, PA)
(Please note that most of the ciders are vegan, however some contain honey)
PARTICIPATING FOOD TRUCKS:
Leo's Backyard BBQ
Every house will have a complimentary “Snack Station” with cheese & crackers, and fresh Lancaster Co. apples, thanks to the generous support of Cabot Creamery and the U.S. Apple Association / Hess Brother's Fruit Company
OTHER DEMOS / ACTIVITIES:
- Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild presents a Beekeeping Demo and Hive Opening at Historic Strawberry Mansion at 2 and 4 pm.
- Philadelphia Orchard Project presents a hands-on cider pressing & orchard tour at Woodford Mansion
- Tabling from:
On the ticket page, select the historic house where you would like to start your day. This is where you are required to check-in and receive a wristband, which will provide you access to all six participating houses throughout the event. This event is for visitors aged 21 and over only. ID required.
Your $45 General Admission ticket includes:
- Our signature CiderFest 2019 4 oz. souvenir tasting glass
- Unlimited cider samples, entertainment and entry into six of Fairmount Park's Historic Houses
- House-to-house transportation via Phlash's CiderFest Loop
- Abbreviated self-guided tours of each historic house
- The good feeling that comes with supporting ongoing programs and projects at Fairmount Park's Historic Houses!
Your $70 VIP experience includes:
- A $35 Individual Membership to the Fairmount Park Conservancy
- Our limited edition CiderFest 2019 VIP 5.5 oz. souvenir tasting glass
- Special samples of “limited edition” ciders
- All day access to the VIP Lounge on the 2nd floor of Lemon Hill Mansion's "Cider Central,"with a spread of food, refreshments, and comfortable seating thanks to our sponsors Wyndridge Farm Brewing and Cabot Creamy
- Exclusive VIP experiences from 12pm-5pm at all six historic houses, including:
- Lemon Hill: priority seating for cider expert Mark A. Turdo's "talk & tasting" presentation about the past, present, and future of PA cider making that concludes with a guided tasting with Dressler Estate cider.
- Mount Pleasant: Pop's McCann whiskey tasting
- Laurel Hill: fresh donuts from Federal Donuts
- Woodford Mansion: Behind the scenes talk & tour with the curator
- Historic Strawberry Mansion: sampling from Shane’s Confectionary paired with a Kurant cider
- Cedar Grove: special craft cider cocktail from Manatawny Still Works
*Each general admission ticket allows you access to all six historic houses for the day. The name of the house on your ticket indicates your starting point for the day.*
****Event is rain or shine. Outdoor tenting will be provided. In case of extreme weather, buyers will be notified of a cancellation at least 24 hours before publicized start of the event.****
ABOUT THE HISTORIC HOUSES OF FAIRMOUNT PARK
The Historic Houses of Fairmount Park are some of the best-preserved examples of 18th and 19th century early American architecture, all located in one of the country’s most beautiful urban parks. Promotion and programming for the historic houses are supported through a partnership between the City of Philadelphia Parks and Recreation Department, Fairmount Park Conservancy and various stewardship groups. Proceeds from this event support the ongoing stewardship, maintenance and promotion of these treasures.